Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Faith Note from Above All Expressions


Above All Faith-Note J
Have you ever just followed the inkling of God? Have you ever just placed all of your trust in Him and did something totally against the reasoning of what man said you should do or would do if they were in your shoes? Well, that’s exactly what I did two years ago, when I quit my teaching job to open my photography business full-time and pursue all that God had purposed in my life. Long story short, all of my life I had always strived to please others by doing what they thought I should do, doing what they thought was best for me, or by doing what they thought was right. However, I have learned from experience that just because something is good doesn’t mean it is God’s plan for your life.

My passion was never teaching at-risk students even though I was good at it. There were too many limitations there. Trust me, I tried to stay anyway. But God said “No.” God closed that door and directed me straight into my destiny. When I chose just to believe God, and to be obedient to Him, God ignited my true passion and enlarged my territory. Then, plenty of obstacles came. Anytime God places a dream in your heart and you start pursuing it, you can rest assure that critics will criticizes, haters will hate, and naysayers will show up. However, I didn’t get distracted. I chose to focus on God and follow all that He had placed in my heart.

I stepped out on faith and God has favored me and is helping me every step of the way. The Word tells us not to despise humble (small) beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin (Zech. 4:10). This is not a side hustle nor has it ever been a hustle at all for me. If that was the case, I would have never walked away from a teaching job paying me over $40,000 per year to pursue photography as a career. The truth is I BELIEVE GOD. God said leave and I left. God said He gives me power in my own hand to get wealth, so I started my own full-time photography business. God said He would never leave me or forsake me, so I believe that God is faithful to strengthen me to do the work, faithful to send new and recurring clients, faithful to send workers if I need them, faithful to help me overcome any setbacks from the enemy, faithful to encourage me by His Spirit and His Word, faithful to provide all of my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus, and faithful to lead me to victory as long as I do my part. I BELIEVE GOD!!!   God is able to do exceedingly abundantly ABOVE ALL we could every ask or think according to the power that worketh in us (Eph. 3:20)!!!

No comments: